Living in a luxury apartment, in Hickory or elsewhere, is a great way to make sure your quality of life is at a good level. Surrounding yourself with elegance and functional style leads to feelings of comfort and positivity more often than not. That’s why so many people love living at The Legends, the top luxury apartments in Hickory NC.
To be clear, though, we aren’t trying to say that living at The Legends directly causes happiness. That would just be silly. On the contrary, we are of the opinion that it really can’t hurt to be able to call the best apartment community in the Hickory, NC area home. No, living in a prestigious, award-winning community that boasts a wealth of amenities and apartment features means you have yourself a veritable sanctuary — a place where you can be yourself, a place where you can leave behind the worries of your work or social life. What’s more, living in The Legends means you will be only minutes away from both downtown Hickory and I-40, so you are never too far away from the action. Plus, if you happen to be a commuter, our proximity to the freeway translates to less travel time for you, which gives you more time at your disposal — something we can all agree is hugely beneficial to one’s quality of life.
The topic of today’s post, as the title no doubt gave away, is all about offering up a few ideas for improving your mood in your Hickory apartment at the Legends. Truth be told, you don’t have to be our resident to glean some practical relaxation and wellness tips from this blog post. So whether you have been a long-time resident or you have happened upon this post by searching something to the effect of “apartments for rent in Hickory,” we don’t discriminate; enjoy this post about relaxing and promoting wellness, and improving your mood — most of them from the comfort of your apartment home!
Practical Ways To Improve Your Mood
- Fake It Until You Make It – Most of us have heard of this phrase, but did you know that forcing yourself to smile is proven to improve your mood, reduce anxiety and stress, and generally help you to feel better. One study found that participants who had major depression and had received a Botox injection between the eyebrows to prevent frowning showed a significant reduction in their depression. Some 52-percent of the non-frowning group did so, as opposed to only 15 percent of the placebo group. And while we aren’t advocating for dermal injections to help with your mood, it’s interesting to think about what role our physiology can play on our psychology! And if you aren’t even able to make yourself smile (disingenuously at that), we recommend putting a pen between your teeth in order to trick your brain that you are really happy! Matter over mind!
- Improve Your Posture, Improve Your Life – No, seriously! How is your posture, right now, while you are reading this? Are you slumped over? Or are your shoulders back and relaxed while you sit up straight? Here’s yet another example of how the body can impact the mind: a recent research project published in the European Journal of Social Psychology discovered that posture can influence self-confidence. When participants were asked to slouch while completing a job application that requested that they list their strengths and weaknesses, they were harder on themselves compared to when they sat up straight with their shoulders back. The worse your posture, the lower your work-related self-esteem was more likely to be.
- Consider Your Breathing Patterns – If you are sitting in your apartment and find yourself for some inexplicable reason displeased with the beautiful features, furnishings, and amenities, it very well might be because your breathing patterns could use a tweak in order to shift your mood. A 2002 study by Philippot, Chapelle, & Blairy submitted that in order to feel a quiet joy, you should practice breathing smoothly and steadily in and out of your nose while attempting to relax your belly, throat, and face. Put another way, do some Yoga in your apartment and get a workout while you are at it! Then take a look at the wonderful luxury apartment in Hickory where you live, and smile. We’d bet it’ll be a genuine smile, this time.
- Give Yourself A Hug – Self-compassion isn’t just a nice dream, it’s an important part of a healthy self-care regimen. When we are able to soothe our own pain through physical touch, we are actually stimulating a Mammalian system that involves the release of oxytocin, the same neurochemical that is released when a mother breastfeeds her child or when a loved one touches you. Sure, it might not be quite as comforting as the latter (or former, for that matter), but oxytocin is oxytocin, as the kids say. Oxytocin is used as a treatment for a wide variety of issues, among which are anxiety, depression, and intestinal issues.
Our Final Tip – Find Somewhere To Live That You Love
We may not be able to back this final point up with hard data, but we are convicted about it nonetheless. It’s not too much of a stretch to say that finding peace, joy, and comfort from your home is going to improve your general outlook on life — whether it’s a Luxury Hickory, NC, apartment or otherwise. If you are interested in learning more about The Legends and everything we have to offer, we encourage you to browse our site to familiarize yourself with our first-class amenities, features, and resident-service. We work hard to marry elegance with style.
Our communities amenities include;
- Two resort-style swimming pools with sun decks
- State-of-the-art fitness center
- Two tennis courts
- Basketball court
- Volleyball court
- Business center with Wi-Fi access
- Theater room with surround sound
- Two car care centers
- Gas grills
- Storage spaces and parking spaces
- On-site laundry
- Wheelchair access
- Pets welcome
- Package acceptance
Our apartment features include:
- Spacious 1, 2, & 3 Bedroom Suites
- 9-foot, Vaulted Ceilings
- Crown Molding*
- Large Patios & Balconies
- Oversized Closets
- Spectacular Views & Landscaping
- Air Conditioning
- Washer & Dryer Connections in Unit
- Cable/Internet Ready
- Fully-equipped Kitchen with Dishwasher, Garbage Disposal, Stove & Refrigerator
* in some units
Visit The Legends Today!
As we hope you can tell, The Legends are a special place to be able to call home. We offer modern 1, 2, or 3 bedroom apartment homes in Hickory, each of which includes a remarkable amount of walk-in closet and storage space. With full-size washer and dryer connections, 9-foot ceilings, and crown molding, simply being a resident here is liable to improve your daily state of mind. Sure, it’s not the whole picture, but it’s a great place to start! Schedule a tour today.